In this episode Dr. Hess speaks with Kim Amato, mother to Meghan who died at the age of 3 due to a furniture tip-over accident. They have an emotional discussion surrounding Meghan’s tragic and preventable death and how it lead Kim to start Meghan’s Hope, a go-to educational resource for tip-over prevention and child safety.
This episode is chock full of information regarding the prevalence of injuries and deaths caused by tip-over accidents, why, when, and how they happen, and what you can do to avoid this preventable tragedy in your own home.
- Meghan’s Hope Website www.meghanshope.org
- Meghan’s Hope FAQ http://www.meghanshope.
- Meghan’s Hope Safety Blog http://www.meghanshope.
- Meghan’s Hope Furniture Safety Resources (straps and installation) http://www.
- Meghan’s Hope Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/
- Parents Against Tip-Overs www.stoptipovers.org
- CPSC’s Anchor It website www.anchorit.gov
- CPSC’s main website www.cpsc.gov
- CPSC tip over demonstration https://www.
- A Consumer Reports story featuring my friend and fellow PAT co-founder Janet McGee https://www.youtube.com/
- Real Moms Urge you to Anchor it https://www.youtube.com/
- Meghan’s full PSA from the CPSC https://www.youtube.com/