Most of us have an array of devices in our homes that contain button batteries. Did you know that they can be extremely dangerous if swallowed by a child? Did you know that when a button battery is ingested time is of the essence to avoid dangerous and even life-threatening complications? In this episode, Dr. Hess is joined by Dr. David Brumbaugh, a pediatric gastroenterologist at Children’s Hospital Colorado, and Dr. Rajitha Venkatesh, a pediatric gastroenterologist at Nationwide Children’s Hospital to discuss the dangers of button battery ingestion, what you should do if you suspect your child has ingested a battery, and what you can do to prevent it. Both Dr. Venkatesh and Dr. Brumbaugh are members of the American Academy of Pediatrics Button Battery Task Force and work tirelessly to educate the public about this common, but dangerous, hazard. Together we’ll give you the information and tools you’ll need to keep your children safe.
Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to take a listen! Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss future episodes and please consider leaving a review as it helps me know how I’m doing and what you want to hear about. I’d love to hear from you.