By Freya Heyman, 7 years old
My favorite sport is roller skating. I like to roller skate around my neighborhood. Remember it’s always important to be safe:
- Before going roller skating, tell your parents where you are going and when you will be back.
- Be brain smart! Wear a helmet.
- Also wear elbow and knee pads in case you fall.
- Always look for cars.
- Stop at stop signs and look both ways before you cross the street.
- Always look for sticks and rocks in the road so you don’t run over them and fall.
- Learn how to make turns and how to stop.
I like to see how fast I can skate. I like to skate with my friends. We look at the gardens and the trees and flowers. We know it is good exercise for us and we enjoy it. Give roller skating a try today!